Karen's Company Early April COVID-19 Update
Posted Apr 06, 2020
Hello to everyone, past, present and future clients,
I hope you are all healthy and well and keeping safe during this COVID-19 crisis. Our household and family are currently good. Our youngest son came home 2 weeks ago after being recalled from study abroad in Australia and has been quarantined in our master bedroom. He is now getting ready to go live with my mom, his grandma, to keep her company and help her with her computer, groceries, and her home during this time. We figured he is the safest person of all of the family!
Thank you for all of your support of my painting business over the past 24+ years! I have loved building a team that supports my motto:
We do WHAT we promised
WHEN we promised
HOW we promised
And we are NICE about it!
Taking care of my team is always my most important goal because then they can take care of my clients.
That being said, we are getting phone calls and emails about what Karen’s Company is doing now, during this crisis.
Update About my team:
- I have paid for all employees health insurance for the month of April, even if they are not working.
- I have applied for the PPP loan so that as time continues and things get worse I can continue to pay my employees and they can continue to feed and house their families.
- One employee went to California for a long vacation to visit family and stayed there and contracted Corona while there. She is recovering.
- Two employees are home with their children.
- I have sent my office people to work from home.
About our best practices:
- We all are practicing social distancing, hand washing, and no one works if they are sick.
- I require my painting team to sign affidavits about following these rules every day and
- I require my clients to sign affidavits that they are also following the rules before we will enter their home.
- We do drive-up pick up of our paint and supplies to limit exposure to paint store employees.
My thought on painting projects
I don’t consider painting to change the colors of your rooms in your “forever house” to be “essential” and we are discouraging our customers from starting those types of projects until we are all confident we can complete the project without undue exposure.
We are considering on a case by case basis the following types of work to be done in April and May:
- We are painting interiors for people who need to sell their home and that requires new paint; for people who want to move into a home they just purchased, and for people who have a “between-tenant” situation - hopefully, these homes can be vacated.
- We are painting vacant offices.
- We are painting vacant homes.
- Spray Shop Work - We can do projects in our spray shop for pieces we can pick up and return to a garage or that people bring to us, such as: doors, cabinet doors & drawers, small vanities
- When the weather warms up we will paint outside.
This has so far allowed me to keep my small team on payroll.
We would love to have a number of projects to go to when things get better outside. We have some projects that are currently on hold but would love to do our best for a “virtual bid” on any interior projects that you may want to have done in the near future. Call us if you want to discuss!!
We are part of your community and we want to do our part in getting through this together. We are supporting our neighbors and their small business and encourage you to support them too. And don’t forget the 8:00pm “Howl” outside in support of our health care providers!
fine intricate details, 3-D illusion, awards-and-commendations, Before and After, Benjamin Moore, boulder, Boulder County, boulder painting company, Boulder, CO, broomfield, brush or spray painting, cabinet painting, Cabinets, Ceiling Painting, Charcoal Grey, clean lines, Colorado, Colorf, colorfull, community, Customer Appreciation, customer-satisfation-report-cards, Deck, Deck, Deck Prep, Deck Refinishing, Decorative Finishes, Decorative painting, Design Help, Detailed brushwork, Discounts, Distressing Cabinets, DIY, Donating, erie, Estimate, Expert Painters, Exterior , Exterior Painter, Exterior Painting, faux finishes, faux painting, faux-finish-painting, faux-painting, faux-painting-technique, Feather Sanding, Feedback, fine intricate details, Friendly, Front Door, Garage door, general, Get to know , Good reviews, Great , Great painters, great review, Guild , Happy customers, Hard work, Hard working, High Quality, Home Remodeling, house painting, Houzz, How-to, Incentives, indian-peaks-colorado, Interior, Interior House Painting, Interior Painting, interior painting styles, Interior Paiting, Internet, Karen's Company, Karen's Company Experience, Karen's Company Inc., karens-how-tos, Keep them coming back, kitchen cabinets, lafayette, Lafayette CO Painting Contractor, Lafayette Offices, lafayette painting company, Local Business, Local painters, Long time buisness, Longmont, Longmont , Longmont Painters, louisville, Mailing, Make a difference, meet-the-karens-company-team, modernized cabinets, monthly-specials, neighborhood-specials-program, New feel, New Home, Niwot,