8 Beautiful Examples That Prove Kitchen Cabinets Don't Need To Be White
Posted Sep 10, 2018
A quick google search for “dream kitchen” will show exactly what we see in the field... the majority of people prefer white kitchen cabinets, followed closely by gray. Neutrals still dominate cabinet color but slowly we are seeing a movement to break from the norm and mix up the color choice with blue and green cabinets. Here’s a look at eight kitchens with blue or green cabinets that grabbed a lot of attention on Houzz recently.
Farmhouse Kitchen by Element 5 Architecture
1. Rich blue cabinets pair nicely with the beautiful silver hardware in this light-filled Austin, Texas, kitchen — a remarkably palatable recipe for modern-day design. Grainy, light-wood floors and open shelves add warmth, while a herringbone white-tile backsplash, white range and white-gray countertop provide enough negative visual space to balance the deep cabinet color.
Transitional Kitchen by Lindsey Black Interiors
2. If this gorgeous green cabinet color doesn’t make you forget about white cabinets, then perhaps there’s no swaying you. Like blue, green works great with warm woods and brass finishes. It’s also a good color for a large kitchen with a lot of cabinets because it softens natural light, keeping the room from appearing too bright.
Industrial Kitchen by ALL & NXTHING
3. Navy blue cabinets pair with worn brick, wood and metal finishes to create a sophisticated look in this London kitchen. We particularly enjoy how the simply simplistic cabinets become the focal point in this space.
Transitional Kitchen by South River Custom Homes
4. Prefinished cabinets (Baltic blue from Echelon Norwich) combine beautifully with honey-colored wood tones and wrought-iron light fixtures and stools. With white only in backsplash and marble countertop it goes to show that you don’t need to play it safe to have a dreamy kitchen.
Eclectic Kitchen by 22 INTERIORS
5. Here, refreshingly greenish-blue cabinets (painted in Serene Breeze by Benjamin Moore) happily hold court with a dazzling blue backsplash. Even with a smaller kitchen, the use of color in the cabinets and backsplash doesn’t make the space feel small or crowded.
Transitional Kitchen by Buckenmeyer Architecture
6. Traditional doesn’t mean white...This soft blue (Philipsburg Blue by Benjamin Moore) is great for a traditional home where you want to introduce some uplifting color while still conveying an old-fashioned vibe (such as the subway tile backsplash and rich hardwood flooring).
Transitional Kitchen by Cedarglen Homes
7. Noticing a pattern yet? Blue cabinets work especially well with warm brass finishes and a crisp white backsplash. It’s hard to find an easier approach to creating tailored style that doesn’t look bland and boring.
Contemporary Kitchen by Blakes of Sydney
8. Sometimes just a couple of punches of a color are all that’s needed to temper a kitchen cabinet scheme. In this Sydney kitchen, dark blue on the upper cabinets and island provide contrast to the white backdrop.
Changing the color of your cabinets is a convenient, cost-effective way to update your kitchen. From traditional refinishing to the use of customized techniques or bold blue colors, our team can make something totally new of your existing cabinets. Schedule a free estimate to see how our team can help transform your space.
fine intricate details, 3-D illusion, awards-and-commendations, Baseboards, Before and After, Benjamin Moore, boulder, Boulder County, boulder painting company, Boulder, CO, broomfield, brush or spray painting, cabinet painting, Cabinets, Ceiling Painting, Charcoal Grey, clean lines, Colorado, Colorf, colorfull, community, Customer Appreciation, customer-satisfation-report-cards, Deck, Deck, Deck Prep, Deck Refinishing, Decorative Finishes, Decorative painting, Design Help, Detailed brushwork, Discounts, Distressing Cabinets, DIY, Donating, erie, Estimate, Expert Painters, Exterior , Exterior Painter, Exterior Painting, faux finishes, faux painting, faux-finish-painting, faux-painting, faux-painting-technique, Feather Sanding, Feedback, fine intricate details, Friendly, Front Door, Garage door, general, Get to know , Good reviews, Great , Great painters, great review, Guild , Happy customers, Hard work, Hard working, High Quality, Home Remodeling, house painting, Houzz, How-to, Incentives, indian-peaks-colorado, Interior, Interior House Painting, Interior Painting, interior painting styles, Interior Paiting, Internet, Karen's Company, Karen's Company Experience, Karen's Company Inc., karens-how-tos, Keep them coming back, kitchen cabinets, lafayette, Lafayette CO Painting Contractor, Lafayette Offices, lafayette painting company, Local Business, Local painters, Long time buisness, Longmont, Longmont , Longmont Painters, louisville, Mailing, Make a difference, meet-the-karens-company-team, modernized cabinets, monthly-specials, neighborhood-specials-program, New feel, New Home,