A lot of people think that updating your kitchen cabinets needs to involve paying for completely new cabinetry. They might be prefabricated or custom, but either way the price tag can be quite hefty! As an alternative, we are proud to offer high-quality cabinet painting and refinishing services.
Why Paint Your Kitchen Cabinets?
Here are a few benefits to consider:
- You choose the style - The beauty of this process is that it lets you sit in the driver’s seat, completely controlling your kitchen’s look. We also can provide custom antiqued or distressed finishes if requested.
- Cost-effective - Your kitchen can be transformed for a fraction of the price of a full replacement.
- Can be done quickly - Compared to waiting for custom-built cabinetry, or for your kitchen cabinets to be torn down and replaced, repainting is a fast process! Depending on the size of your kitchen, in as little as a couple of days.
- Lower-impact - We totally understand how important your kitchen is to the flow and function of your home. Refinishing your cabinets is a much less intrusive method than a total replacement
What Is Our Cabinet Painting Process?
Because each situation is approached with your specific goals in mind, we can tailor our services to fit your needs. As a general rule, however, our preparation and techniques include the following.
- Washing cabinets as needed
- If we are covering an existing stain, we provide mechanical and/or chemical sanding to degloss them
- Priming - We use a sticky bonding primer that will adhere to a variety of surfaces
- Caulking seams
- Applying paint
When staining new cabinetry we apply 2-3 coats of clear coat. For older cabinets that are just a little tired and in need of a refreshed look, we complete the following:
- Surface preparation
- Stain application
- Apply 2-4 coats of clear coat
- Sand between coats as needed
- Wood countertops
The finished product can be truly stunning!